I love beauty products! It has been a passion for a better half of my life now. While I have several staples that I come back to time and time again, I often like rotating out different body products. Kind of like the theory that you should change your shampoos and conditioners occasionally because your hair gets “tired” and used to the same old thing; I apply that to creams and moisturizers for my body and face. It’s a good way to see how your skin reacts to different ingredients in products, and it’s fun to try new things every once in a while!
That is the reason why I wanted to try the FabFitFunBox. Not only would this box help me break out of my current skincare routine, but it also provides other fun surprises like jewelry, workout accessories, and other accessories that I probably wouldn’t otherwise buy for myself.
Did I mention the value of this box!? For $39.99 I got a box of goodies that have a total retail value of $289! Also, depending on customization options, the total value of the box went up to $315.95!
Here is my rundown of my first FabFitFun box!
1. Summer & Rose Brittany Tote ($54): Did I need another tote bag? No, but this one is super cute and well made. It has a nice liner and pockets on the inside. I love that it has a zip closure so whatever you put in the tote won’t fall out. This tote is the perfect size to hold a good amount of things and it doesn’t take up a whole lot of space so you can easily store it in your car, or wherever until you need to use it. I plan on using it when I travel to store my dirty clothes because I like to keep my clean and dirty clothes separated when I’m living out of a suitcase (and I previously was just using an old shoe bag to put dirty clothes in). The best thing about this tote is that it came in one of my favorite patterns: navy and white stripes!
2. CYLO Cobra Bluetooth Wireless Earbuds ($40): These CYLO Earbuds are a great update to my workout routine! Can you believe that I was still using earphones that you actually have to plug in to your phone (gasp)!? These earbuds have very clear sound and stay put in my ears, which is something that I tend to struggle with when it comes to earphones. I did have to switch from the standard size caps to the smaller, silicone caps that came with the earbuds to get the best fit. These also come with a USB cord that you can plug into your phone’s square to charge the device.
3. GLAMGLOW Bubblesheet Oxygenating Deep Cleanse Mask (2-Pack, $18):
I have tried the Glamglow mud mask before and liked it, so I was excited to try another product from the Glamglow line. This mask was really fun to use because of all the oxygenating micro bubbles that start to appear after you open the package, and place the mask on your face. I didn’t really feel a “tingling,” like described on the package, but you can definitely feel all the bubbles forming… and let me tell you about those bubbles! There were so many bubbles, I think the mask literally got to be at least a quarter inch thick with bubbles. I tried this mask while taking a bath, and since it was still going strong long after the recommended use time, I decided to rub the mask all over my arms, hands, upper back, and décolletage. It was so lathery, and bubbly… my whole upper body was covered in white micro-bubbles! After washing away all those bubbles and patting my skin dry, my skin felt really clean and tighter than it did prior to using the mask.
Ship’s Tip: When using individually packaged masks like this be sure to squeeze out all the extra gel that is in the package and put it on your hands and neck to get more bang for your buck! Remember to always include your hands and décolletage in your beauty routine to prevent signs of premature aging.
4. Spongelle Body Buffer ($16):
This item was a fun change from my usual bath puff that I use in the shower. The Freesia Pear scent is refreshing, and the buffer had a good feel on my skin (not too soft, but not to scratchy…it was just right!). It also has a very nice lather and left my skin feeling very soft and smooth. I’ve used it for a week now, and it seems to have more than 2/3 of product still left in the buffer. Will update this post to let you know how long it lasts overall.
5. AHAVA Mineral Hand Cream ($33):
I was so happy to see a hand cream in this box, and it arrived just in time for me. It is starting to get cold outside, and my hands tend to get dry during the fall and winter months. I had used up all of the Aveda hand cream that I had last year, and needed to get some hand cream for this year! The AHAVA hand cream is very hydrating, absorbs quickly, and is not greasy at all. The scent is pleasant, but, honestly, it is a little powdery smelling (not my usual preference on smell). When it comes to hand creams too, I also prefer travel sizes so I can be sure to have them in a few different places so I am never without! Overall, I like the hand cream and would recommend this product.
6. Free People x Understated Leather Starry Eyed Travel Eye ($40): I don’t know about you, but I am an eye mask wearer, so naturally I was excited to see a new eye mask in this month’s box. I have tried several different brands and types of eye masks over the years, and have to say, that this eye mask is at the top of that list! It has an adjustable, elastic strap, great coverage, and gel inserts so you can soothe your eyes while you sleep! I love the gel inserts in this mask. I put the mask in the freezer before bed so I could get maximum cooling on my eyes as I’m falling asleep. The cooling, gel inserts are great if you suffer from headaches, or if you have a puffy under-eye area. I love the gel because the coldness feels great on tired eyes, and the weight of the mask feels good on your face to help you fall asleep faster.
7. ApotheCare Essentials Shampoos and Conditioners (Sponsored): I love trying new shampoos and conditioners, so I was happy to see a couple samples in the FabFitFun Fall Box.
I tried “the replenisher” first because my hair was feeling a little dry and I thought I could use some intense hydration. The scent was earthy, but very pleasant- the vanilla and amber smell was great for fall- and the shampoo lathered very well. The conditioner left my hair very hydrated and smooth once I blow-dried. The smell of the shampoo and conditioner lasted for a long time too after styling, so that was nice.
“The booster” sample was my favorite out of the two. I preferred the rosehip and geranium scent on this one and loved the added volume to my roots that the shampoo provided. This shampoo also lathered very well, and the conditioner was very hydrating. I got 2 uses out of each sample pack and my hair stayed nice for a few days in between each wash.
8. Elegies Papaya Enzyme Peel ($33): This was my favorite item out of this season’s box! This Enzyme Peel was very gentle (is kind of more a mask than a “peel”), but left my skin very bright and evenly toned after using it. It made my skin feel tighter, smaller pores, and I also saw reduced redness (which is a problem that I have in my T-Zone). It also smells great! I used this “peel” on my face, hands, and décolletage and am looking forward to using this frequently to help keep my skin bright throughout the rest of the fall and winter.
9. ERTH TU Y YO Ring ($55): This was one of the customizable options of the box. At the time of signing up for the box, I couldn’t decide if I wanted the ring, or a 6 piece brush set (since I already have a set of good makeup brushes and a travel case for them), so I decided to let them choose for me! I like pearls, and this ring is kind of funky and modern. Overall I like it, but think it would be cuter if it were layered with some additional gold rings. I’ll try to give an update if I find some cute rings to pair with it!
Overall, I was very happy with the box and thought it was an awesome value for the price. And after previewing the Winter FabFitFun box I think I will keep the subscription for the time being!
Interested in buying the Winter FabFitFun box? Click the link below and get $10 off your first box when you use promo code: WELCOME10
Error: Access Token for hemsandhospitality is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.
Error: admin-ajax.php test was not successful. Some features may not be available.
Please visit this page to troubleshoot.