- Makeup Mirror Every girl needs a good makeup mirror and this one has LED lighting 🙂
- Sunglasses Who wouldn’t love a great new pair of sunnies?
- Shoes I love these casual tennis shoes. They would be great for the gym and everyday outfits!
- Pajama Set I actually got these as a Christmas gift and they are so comfy!
- Makeup Brushes I personally have these and love them.
- UGG Slippers I have a version of these and have had them for YEARS. They last forever and are super comfy!
- Leggings New workout gear is a great way to jumpstart any workout routine!
- Watch Solid gold watches are so classy!
I hope you enjoyed my first ever Valentine’s Day Gift Guide! These would be great gifts for your mom or girl friend or just that special lady that needs some extra love this year! Also, throwing hints at your husband/boyfriend is always a good idea too! We are two weeks away <3
It’s a new year and I thought it would be great time to tell you about my skin care routine. As most of you know, my sister, Anna Laura, sells Mary Kay. Almost every beauty product I use is Mary Kay! I have been using Mary Kay products long before my sister began selling it though. I have been using it ever since I was taught to wash my face. Of course since she began selling it, I have branched out a lot more on what I use! I just wanted to share what works for me and encourage you to make a skin care routine. If you are interested in these products, I would love for you to support my sister.
Let me start out by saying, I am not a huge skin care junkie. I haven’t shopped around for lots of different regimens like a lot of girls do. I am high maintenance about a lot of things, but when it comes to spending money on beauty products, I am pretty low maintenance. Don’t get me wrong, I like to wear makeup and take care of my skin, I just think you can achieve a lot of the same looks/outcomes without breaking the bank. I am extremely faithful about washing my face every single night, no matter how late I get home, I never go to bed with makeup on. It has become a healthy habit of mine for years now. I am currently using Mary Kay’s TimeWise Miracle Set 3D and I am really enjoying it. Here’s an example of my daily routine.
- I apply the Mary Kay TimeWise Age Minimize 3D Cleanser every morning while in the shower.
- Once the cleanser is lathered on my face, I scrub it with the Skinvigorate Cleansing Brush. When I first got the cleansing brush, I only used it once a week. Now, I use it everyday, twice a day. I LOVE IT. It has made my skin feel so silky smooth and I can tell a huge positive difference in my pores after using it more frequently!
- Once I get out of the shower, I apply the Timewise Age Minimizing Day Cream all over my face and neck.
- Then I apply body lotion from head to toe. I usually just swap up different collagen boosting lotions from Wal-Mart like St. Ives Body Lotion with Collagen Elastin.
- At night I use the Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover to remove my eye makeup with a cotton swab.
- After removing my eye makeup, I use warm water and apply the Timewise Age Minimize 3D 4-in-1 Cleanser.
- Then I scrub my face once again with the Skinvigorate Cleansing Brush.
- After scrubbing my face clean, I apply the TimeWise Age Minimize 3D Night Cream and rub it all over my face and neck.
- Then, I apply the TimeWise Age Minimize 3D Eye Cream under each of my eyes.
- On Sunday’s, I usually take a hot epsom salt bath with Dr. Teal’s Eucalyptus and Spearmint Epsom Salt. The bath salts are truly a game changer. If you have never taken an epsom salt bath then you are definitely missing out!
- Once I get out of the tub, I immediately shower and then apply the ClearProof Deep-Cleansing Charcoal Mask. It has become a Sunday night ritual for me!
Pajama Top: Soma (ON SALE) | Pajama Pants: Soma (ON SALE)
Y’all these pajamas are my favorite. This is my third set from Soma! They are pricey, but they are having a great sale right now. Take advantage! Hope this encourages you to make a routine to take care of skin! The best advice I can give you is moisturize, head to toe, not just your face!
Evan and I are enjoying our third, married Christmas this year. It’s hard to believe we are in year three! He and I have decided not to decorate before Thanksgiving, like a lot of you do (Nothing wrong with that! We just prefer to wait).
We have made it a tradition to start decorating Thanksgiving night, and this year was no different. He brought down all of the decorations that morning before we went to lunch with his family. He thought he would feel more up to climbing steps before our thanksgiving feasts rather than after! Boy, was he right! We enjoyed spending time with my sister and her family so much that we got home a little later than we expected. I put out a few things when we got home, but we were so exhausted from the day we put the majority of it off until the weekend.
I work in retail, so of course I worked that Friday, but Evan got the day off! He spent the day putting the tree together, stringing lights on the back pergola, hanging garland on the front door, AND installing a new light fixture his mom bought for us! He truly is a GEM!
This year, I decided to upgrade my tree topper to something a little more earthy and modern. In the past I used a big bow with several picks coming out of it. I went to Patina the weekend of Thanksgiving and told Marty, the owner, my vision and she helped me pick out some great picks for my tree topper. We went with three holly berry picks and lots of eucalyptus picks. Marty also explained to me how to arrange the picks. She said I need a thriller, filler, and spiller. The holly berry picks are my “thriller”, the eucalyptus picks beneath that are my “filler”, and the ones beneath that pointing out are my “spiller.” I have always done my potted plants this way, but have never heard it worded the way she worded it. I love it! I wanted to keep the traditional red and green colors, so I used a Christmas plaid ribbon that I found at Wal-Mart to tie in the topper colors. I am pleased with how it turned out.
Continue reading “Married Christmas | Tree Topper”